SERVICES & SPECIALIZATIONS
Treatment is tailored to meet the needs of each individual client. Typically, therapy sessions are held on a weekly basis and last 50 minutes.
Ann helps people dealing with issues such as:
- Trauma - Unhealthy & abusive relationships
- Work stress - Irritability and overwhelm
- Grief & loss - Life transitions (divorce, having a baby, etc.)
- Setting boundaries - Excessive worry, anxiety, or panic
- Sexual abuse - Adults abused as children
Perinatal Mental Health
For many women, pregnancy and the year following is already a time of overwhelming fatigue, sadness, and anxiety. Under the stress of COVID-19, these emotions become even more amplified.
Perinatal mental health issues can include:
- Postpartum depression - Anxiety or depression during pregnancy
- Postpartum anxiety - Pregnancy loss / miscarriage
- Infant loss - Emotional effects of traumatic birth
Ann has completed perinatal mental health trainings with Maternal Mental Health Now and Postpartum Support International and is a member of Postpartum Support International. She is trained in Interpersonal Psychotherapy, EMDR Therapy, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which are considered 'best practices' for the treatment of postpartum depression and other perinatal mental health issues.